Home > Features > Advanced Features > Macros
MacrosReportsDNA provides two opportunities to run custom macros during the creation of each report.
Pre-run MacroThis macro will be run BEFORE the data for the report is loaded.
Post-run MacroThis macro will be run AFTER the data for the report is loaded.
Specifying the macro to call
- Enter the name of the file containing the macro surrounded by single quotation marks.
- Follow the path with the exclamation mark character
- Follow the exclamation mark with the name of the macro
The following shortcuts may be taken
- If the filename is not specified then the macro will be expected to be in the workbook containing the report
- Use the Variable 'File.xls' to explicitly indicate that the macro is in This File (the file containing the report)
- The filename can be relative to the file containing the report.
Calls the macro named prerunMacro in the report's workbook
||Calls the macro named postrunMacro in the report's workbook |
||Calls the macro named otherMacro in the workbook named macrootherbook.xls, which|
is in the same directory as the report's workbook
|| Calls the macro named otherMacro in the workbook located at c:\mymacros.xls,|